Thursday, July 11, 2013

Fruit of Our Lives

Ever have one of those really productive days but are bored out of your mind?  That was me all day yesterday.  It was a long day to say the least. I found myself contemplating the fruit of our hearts and hands. 

I got up at my usual time to prep for my 7:30 am interview (which I would not have had had I not sown the seed in the application).  Turns out I was right; their IT people said they could not connect with me because it was not a secure line.  Thwarted again by technology!  So we settle for the next best thing – a phone interview.  The interview lasted almost an hour.  The panel was nice and I believe it went really well.  Before you ask, they are still interviewing for the next couple weeks, so I won’t know if I am heading to Utah for a couple more weeks yet. 

After the interview, I did what I always do – Bible study, blog writing, and job applications.  Israel (Jacob) died, Jesus was baptized.  Looking back on it the juxtaposition of life and death in those two chapters was really beautiful.  Baptism is a sign of life, and life more abundantly!  No longer do you walk in the shadows of the world but you are connected to the Holy Spirit given the same power and authority of Christ!  That next to the death of the father of the Jewish nation shows just how temporal our bodies are.  Of this you can be sure, in 100 years we will all be dead.  You have a choice, you know?

Anyway, I started the job hunt up again (6 more job applications in yesterday – sowing more seeds).  My focus is solely on the DC and surrounding areas.  I can’t wait to be there and see this 12 year dream come to fruition.  Talking with Robert we decided when he takes leave to check the area out, I will go with him.  It is going to be wonderful!  If you have never been to that part of the country, you are sorely missing out.  It is gorgeous!  A canopy of trees meets you from the air and surrounds you as you move about.  The people are kind and there never ceases to be something to do.  Add in that that is where policy is made and I just get so excited!  I can’t wait!! 

During this time of filling out applications, in order to move around a bit I cleaned the kitchen, did my laundry, and wrote to Robert (yes, you have something coming in the mail, Hon).  By noon I had reached my stay in the house limit and had to get out.  But I kept working and applied to a few more freelancing jobs.  Finally at three my sister called and we went to run some errands.

I jumped into the car and headed down the street.  I went inside as she finished with the kids and talked to my brother-in-law a bit.  But then was pleasantly surprised to get a visit from my kid brother and his girlfriend.  I got to have a one on one his girlfriend, which I never get to do and learned a lot about my brother.  I learned he is considering the Navy officer program, but may also move to Arizona in the next two weeks! That last one was a surprise.  It is a great job offer, but may put his schooling on hold.  I do not know what he will choose, but know that either way he will be successful.  We used to joke as kids that there was nothing he could not do well.  He is just that person.  We tried to find something once and the best we could do was come up with things he never tried to do…that doesn’t count.  Share the wealth, David!

Ariel and I then were going to deliver some things to a friend but I got a call from this non-profit with which I am looking into working.  Restoration Railroad is a new grass roots non-profit that works towards the end of human trafficking in the Yuba-Sutter area.  Some of you know that I have a passion for ending human trafficking.  I consider myself a modern abolitionist. That said, it nice learning more about the program.  But I get to go to one of their meetings tonight, so we will see if we really are a good match.  I will have coffee with one of the founders next week and will be put on their public speaking roster.  I want the world to see and know that we will not settle for the exploitation of humans! Trying to sown the seed of justice, mercy, and humility in my life that I may be a conduit of a blessing to others.

Afterward, Ariel and I crashed on the couch for about twenty minutes watching Mega Mind (the kids had started it but we ended up being the only ones watching it).  But the best part of the day was going to water the orchards and then pick fresh fruit right off the tree (peaches, nectarines, oranges and plums)!!!!  I was so excited to use my Ninja and this gave me the perfect opportunity. 

I then headed home and sat with my mom for a while.  I walked in on the craziest movie I have seen in a long time called Vamps.  It is about two vampires that don’t eat people.  But that’s about all I could gather.  There really wasn’t a plot.  But it had some big names.

Anyway, after the movie we sat and talked about jobs (thanks for some ideas, Mom!) and the church.  Oh that we could be a unified body of Christ! Get rid of denominations and quarrels amongst us and actually do what Christ wants us to do – love God and love man.  

I had hoped to talk with Robert last night via video chat, but between the stressful day he was having and my conversation with Mom, it just didn’t happen.  So, here’s hoping for some time tomorrow.  I did get to talk to him about Maryland and some of the silly things that happen throughout the day.  It does make our video conversations that much more important.  

No comments:

Post a Comment