Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Driving Around In Circles

Ever feel like you’re driving around in circles? Well, yesterday I felt exactly like that…and did it too.  In Yuba City you either get fat, broke, or both.  There simply isn’t much to do (especially in this ridiculous heat).  Yesterday was a lesson in that.  But I get ahead of myself.  Let me start at the beginning.

Yesterday after a crazy work out (still hurt) I began my day the same way I always do – job hunting.  I usually keep my kitchen slider drapes clothes because the sun beats in all day and its 111 degrees outside.  I don’t need any more help in heating my apartment.  But, strangely, yesterday I kept it open.  As I was sitting at my table working I was surprised by the pest control guy.  I live out in the country so we have to keep the pests at bay.  Prevention is good.  He creepily watched me as I worked and he sprayed. So, my nerves were on high alert.  Not two minutes later my ten year old nephew comes bounding through my back door with all the energy of a torpedo.  He naturally scared me out of my wits as I was so focused on the creepy pest control guy.  He wanted me to go with him and his siblings and cousins to the Children’s Museum.  That sounded amazing (I love hanging out with them and love doing silly things like Children’s Museums…and I didn’t know Sacramento had one).  So, taking the computer with me to work on the hour drive (I don’t like wasting time) we packed up and went.

We get all the way to the museum only to find out they are closed on Mondays.  Bummer.  But even more of a bummer, my kid sister had planned this and I thought to myself how completely different the two of us are.  Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE her tons but carefree kid sis doesn't plan.  I on the other hand double check everything to make sure things like “if the museum is open” is planned.  So, we decided on plan B – snow cones (and who doesn't like snow cones?)  We are in the heart of Sacramento (just south of the 50 south side of Sac State).  Naturally my older sister and I think we are going somewhere IN Sacramento.  How silly we are.  Although we did drive all the way THROUGH Sacramento and back toward Roseville to get these snow cones.  But, it was quickly approaching my nieces and nephews nap times and we are all hungry. 

Now I don’t know if you know this, but I worked at Carl’s Jr. for three years (thank you God for the provision and for releasing me from that place).  I could do that and not get fat because I don’t like their food (except this cheese Danish they used to carry that was divine, but they discontinued it in my third year).  So we ask where to eat – options Carl’s Jr. or Panda Express.  But we have three kids who need to eat IN the car, so Carl’s Jr. wins.  First time in ten years I have eaten there.  Yep, still don’t like it.  We go through the drive-thru and decided we have to get the kids home.  So we do.  I spent three hours in the car…didn't get out.  But I will say it was a fun experience with my nephews and niece in the car.  Though I wish I had more time with my kid sis’s kids. 

So, I come home and pay some bills.  Changed my address with the last company I need to (thank God that is done!!)  And of course, thank you Blue Shield, my monthly health and dental goes down $50…NEXT month because I moved.  Oh, well, small favors.  Then off with my sister to run errands.  Watch fixed.  Wedding band cleaned.  Basic tanks and camies bought.  Had the BEST T-bone steak (thank you Eli!!!!) and came home to work on more job applications.  This is really a full time job.  I calculated it the other day.  I average 60 job applications a week.  Surely, my luck has to change sometime soon!?!

Talked with Ryan yesterday.  He needs some prayers.  He hurt his back…which sucks all around.  So, please keep in your prayers.  And work is stressful for him, so Father; please give him your peace.  Help him to know he isn't in this alone.  Bless him with your healing.


And now I am excited for tomorrow.  I leave tomorrow afternoon and land in Mississippi tomorrow night.  Packing for the heat. Looking for thank-you ideas, so if you have any, comment and tell me.  We won’t have a kitchen so cooking is out of the question (I already asked. Home cooked meal set for October).  

No comments:

Post a Comment