Tuesday, June 25, 2013

The Move Home


Not sure what this will turn into…maybe just a space to clear my head, maybe a book, maybe nothing at all, but here goes. 

It has been over a year since I last posted something, and there is a good reason for that.  I was working…a lot.  As an executive assistant and office manager of a small company I had very little time to write…though looking back I really should have taken the time.  But that is not what this is about.  This is about the new chaotic adventures of my life.  There seems to be many. So, here goes…

I spent the past ten years in a city.  The first of those five in the lovely capital of California then the later five in Southern California ending up in the City of Angels.  Pretty exciting when you find out I spend most of those So Cal days living a mile from the beach, basking in the golden rays of sunshine.  In those ten years I have received two degrees (bachelors and masters), served many non-profits, campaigned successfully against human trafficking, sung with a professional worship team, performed with one of the best acting troupes L.A. has to offer, and worked multiple jobs.  All in all, not bad.

So, why am I now writing? Because life is no longer in the city working and performing.  Much like most of my graduating class, I have found myself back in the struggle of finding a job.  Grand!  Who doesn’t love hitting the preverbal pavement and getting constant rejection letters?  But how did I find myself in this place?  In the beautiful orchard country of Nor Cal unemployed and alone?  Good question!  Truth be told, I am not really sure.  One day I had a job in LA, the next the company heads to Texas. 

A week into my new residence I find city life has become a part of me.  And as a friend encouraged me to journal about this new adventure of coming home and trusting in the One True King, here it is. 

In this past week I have been confronted with friends of old, relationships of old, and the realization that I am almost 30 with no job, no car, and no relationship.  Sounds pretty depressing.  But in truth, I am not depressed.  I have made it work and know there is a job on the horizon (after all every employer can’t deny me!)  His timing. 

So, let’s see where this takes me.  If you want come along for the ride.  Comment.  Share.  And if not, this will just be an interesting journal…for me…

Let the adventure begin!!!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment