Saturday, December 17, 2011

A Dream Is A Wish Your Heart Makes


Dreams.  Such a small word that can mean so much.  To some a dream is only the unconscious firing neurons, to others it is a message to be deciphered, others still it is the haunting word that measures how successful they are in adulthood.  Whatever connotation you give the word dreams, they have this impact on our lives like water has on rocks, even the smallest dream changes our shape a little.   

When we were children we dreamed of conquering the world, being famous, becoming a life saving doctor, and some of us have been able to realize those dreams.  But somewhere along the way to adulthood we learned that dreams are for the lucky and the strong.  That is until the month of December hits and we are faced with another year over, but a new one just about to begin.  We challenge ourselves with resolutions – to get fit, to spend more time with the family, to get a better job.  We think Santa will bring one of these in a nicely wrapped red and green box and solve all our problems.  The problem is, that is not how dreams work.

Dreams are for the lucky and the strong because they are willing to fight for them.  Those that realize their dreams are those that were specific in them and more importantly, took the first step in action.  For me, in my dreams of life I have worked hard to take action at every turn and believe that someday soon my dreams will be realized.  But, sometimes I need an extra push. 

Sometimes our subconscious pushes us to get the courage we need to take the next step.  For me, it was a nightmare, really, of the past in the present.  Things that had once happened appeared in the present and in the dream I fainted.  Now, in my very little research of dreams fainting seems to mean two things.  First, you are about to get sick and second, you need to face a problem in your life.  For me, I think it meant both. 

I actually did get sick after the dream, sick enough to seek medical advice.  But in thinking upon the adventures of the past month, I realized there was something I was avoiding.  The dream alerted me to a problem with a friend of mine and gave me the courage to address it.  Well, either that or the sickness took over and I went crazy!  (For my sake, let’s stick to the former). 

Although this dream was subconscious, I think it acts the same as our conscious dreams.  The thought of a dream means nothing unless you are willing to go for it, take action, and make change.  Sometimes those dreams are nightmares that just encourage you on to better things.  Dreams are not meant to be stored up and never realized.  They are meant to be impactful, just like every one of you. 

This Christmas remember that Santa may not bring your dream to you wrapped up in buttons and bows, but there is someone who will help you realize the desires of your heart and show you how amazing you truly are, that your dreams really can come true.  I encourage you all to enjoy the true meaning of Christmas – the birth of the Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  If you have forgotten Him, that’s ok, a great place to get reconnected is telling Him your dreams and then remembering that He gave up everything so you could live an incredible life.  Merry Christmas friends!  

No comments:

Post a Comment